+ When are you open and closed?
- We are open from 12th April to 16th September in 2019
- We are open from 30th April to 20th September in 2020
- From 1st June to 30th August there is a 2 nights minimum stay when arriving Friday or Saturday
- All May and August Bank holidays are 3 nights minimum stay (please arrive Friday if possible)
- Further information can be found on the noticeboard by the wash rooms
+ Do you have electric on site?
- We are an "off-grid" site
- We do not provide electric hook-ups
- We have no laundry and no mobile charging areas
- Bring a mobile charger power pack or use a car charger
- Ice can be purchased at Gt Horkesley Post Office or Asda
+ Can I bring my dog?
- Sorry but dogs are not allowed on the campsite
+ Can I fish in the river at the campsite?
- Yes you can fish free of charge at the campsite during the fishing season. Our river has roach, bream, eel, pike, carp, perch and chub. * Please bring your fishing licence
+ Where can I wash up?
- We have a sink area with bins for you to wash up cooking equipment, please bring your own washing detergent and sponge
+ Do you have showers on the campsite?
- Yes we do. We have off-grid hot showers on the campsite
+ Where do I pitch my tent/touring unit?
- Upon arrival please choose the best space available and set up
The best option for you will depend on the size of your group and the spaces available so have a drive around the site and then decide what’s best for you
We do not reserve specific spaces, they are based on a first come, first serve basis. There may not be any staff on site when you first arrive, so please set up your things and make yourself at home
+ How do I pay?
- Please visit a cash point and bring cash to pay for any extras such as a canoe or campfire
- We will visit your pitch after 16.00 to check you in, tag your accommodation and organise your campfire and any extras if required
- We are fully off grid and therefore cannot process any payments by credit or debit card
+ How do I get a Fire Pit and Logs?
- We visit your pitch with our Kubota RTV
- We hire out fire pits and sell logs from the Kubota RTV
- All campfires must be put out by campers by 23.00
- Only our rented fire pits are to be used
- You do not need to reserve a fire pit or logs in advance
+ What time should I arrive and depart?
- Please arrive after 12.00 and try to be here by 20.00 if possible (our gates always remain open)
- Please check out by 12.00 on your day of departure (unless you’ve hired a canoe on your departure date - you can therefore leave later on)
+ How do I hire a Canoe?
- Canoe hire is available daily from 2020
- Canoe training & maps are provided before your trip
- Canoe hire is exclusively for customers staying with us at Rushbanks Farm Campsite
- Hire duration is from 10.00 to 18.00 (8 hours) and costs £55
- Buoyancy aids for children are free of charge, adult buoyancy aids cost £5 per day
- Canoes seat either 3 adults only or 2 adults and 2 children. Canoes can be taken to the Anchor Inn Pub, Nayland, which is downstream, please note that you will need to carry the canoe through two weirs. * Canoes can be shared between groups and taken both upstream and downstream from our campsite
- We have limited availability for canoe hire and recommend you book in advance, please email us at email@example.com to make a booking or if you require information regarding availability.
- Our standard cancellation policy applies. There are no refunds within 30 days of arrival.
+ Can I bring my own canoe, kayak, SUP or inflatable?
- Yes, you can bring your own canoe, kayak, SUP or inflatable
- Please contact the Environment Agency for a river Stour boat license for your canoe or kayak
- Our canadian canoe rental boats include a boat license for the river Stour and insurance
+ Where are the hammock zone and sunset corner located?
- We have a hammock zone to chill-out in besides the river, feel free to bring your own hammock and attachment equipment. We have two big posts in the ground that you can connect your hammock to. The hammock zone is used on a first come, first serve basis. Please do not camp within the hammock zone.
- ‘Sunset Corner’ offers a great view of the sunset - check out some of our Gallery photos. It is located on the river bank next to the showers and swing area.
+ What about shops, cash machines, petrol stations and so on?
- Check out our amenities page